Barista 101: Basic Barista Training
Duration: 18 hours
August 23 / 9AM – 12PM, 1PM – 4PM (On-Campus, Manila)
August 24 / 9AM – 12PM, 1PM – 4PM (On-Campus, Manila)
August 25 / 9AM – 12PM, 1PM – 4PM (On-Campus, Manila)
August 24 / 9AM – 12PM, 1PM – 4PM (On-Campus, Cebu)
August 25 / 9AM – 12PM, 1PM – 4PM (On-Campus, Cebu)
August 26 / 9AM – 12PM, 1PM – 4PM (On-Campus, Cebu)
For information about our campus locations, please click here.
Instructors: Ronald Angelo Obispo / Paul Asuncion
Intensive hands-on training on the art and science of coffee preparation. This program will develop the essential knowledge and skills required in the operation of machines, espresso extraction, and milk steaming. Includes survey lecture- demonstrations on the History of Coffee, Elements of Coffee Tasting, different coffee brewing methods, and machine parts and maintenance. Special emphasis will be on cleanliness and discipline in the work area.
- Basic Barista Knowledge on Seed to Cup Process
- Basic Brewing Concepts
- Basic Espresso Bar Drinks and Maintenance
- Espresso Recipe, Making, and Building
- Cappuccino Recipe, Making, and Building
- Espresso Bar Flow and Service
- A maximum number of students per class will be set.
- Only fully-vaccinated individuals shall be admitted.
- Presentation of a negative antigen Covid-19 test taken one day prior the student's visit to the campus (fees to be shouldered by the student).
- All students' body temperature will be checked and only those within the normal range will be admitted.
- Students are required to wear protective face masks and shields at all times. May be removed only when taking meals.
A full or partial refund or a re-schedule shall be made for classes not taken due to any COVID-19 related reasons.
Ronald Angelo Obispo is a Junior instructor at the Barista & Coffee Academy of Asia. His achievements and certifications include: SCA Barista Skills Foundation/Intermediate, SCA Brewing Foundation/Intermediate, SCA Sensory Skills Foundation/Intermediate, and a Red Jug holder in the Latte Art Grading System (LAGS).
Paul Asuncion has over a decade of experience as a barista and trainer for a variety of coffee shops in the Philippines. He also has participated in numerous latte art and barista skills competitions. both locally and internationally including the ASEAB Barista Championship.